Whatsapp: How to write bold, italics, upside down, crossed out and underline text.
A long message can quickly become confusing with WhatsApp. Therefore it is helpful to emphasize certain words by formatting. There are four possibilities: It is not only possible to write the text in bold, but also in Italics, Strikethrough or in Monospace font and upside down format . There are either specific characters that you put before and after the text, or a button that appears when you select a section of text. Formatting works on both an Android smartphone, as well as an iPhone. That’s how it’s done:
- Format text by characters manually
- Mark text and format by button
- Type upside down text in whatsapp
- how to underline text in whatsapp
Of course, you can also do the formatting manually with your own typed characters. For a boldtext , type an asterisk (*) in front of and behind the text. To make the text italic , use an underscore(_) in front of and behind the text. For a crossed out text, choose a tilde (~). To display the text in a Monospace font , place three grave characters (“`) in front of and behind the text. Here is a listing that shows the mentioned characters:
If you’re on the road and you do not know the characters needed for formatting, WhatsApp has a nice feature that will allow you to format the text anyway. Follow our step-by-step guide or take a look at our quick guide .
You can use this useful website with two effects means Flip Text (upside down) and Reverse Text(backwards). Type your words in the text box and see the result in second box. finally click on Copy Flipped Text button and past it in your whatsapp.
- Highlight the word in WhatsApp where you want to change the formatting.
- Above the word appears a button with ” BIU “. Tap on it and select your desired formatting.
- The formatting now appears in the text box as a gray character in front of and behind the word .When you send the message, only the formatting is preserved. The characters are not visible in the sent message.