How to enable power saving mode windows 10, Sleep mode.
Saving electricity is never wrong. In Windows 10 , the power saving mode offers you the opportunity to do so. Here’s how to turn on power saving mode and how to manually save energy in your computer. We’ll also explain the differences between sleep mode and hibernation.
- Differences between sleep mode and hibernation
- Turn power saving mode on for Windows 10
- Activate/deactivate Sleep mode
The computer is not completely shut down in sleep mode, but put into a kind of standby mode. The device is not switched off. you can also access your open windows and tabs again. When idle, the computer shuts down completely. After restarting the computer, you can also access your open windows and programs in this mode.
Thus the main difference is in the power consumption: While in idle state, the computer consumes no power, the power consumption in energy saving mode is present, but limited to a minimum. So when should which mode be used? It’s best to use sleep mode if you plan to reuse the computer after a short time. Hibernation should be an alternative to shutdown.
But beware: If your computer is conserving power and is not receiving power – whether due to a dead battery or a power failure – the unsaved data will be lost. If your computer is in hibernation instead, you can still access your unsaved data and open apps after you start your computer.
You can easily activate the energy saving mode: Click on the start menu as usual and then on the on/off symbol . Then select ” Sleep “.
To exit Energy Saver mode, you can move the mouse or press any key . Disabling Sleep Mode is similar to stopping a screensaver.
- Go to the Control Panel via [Windows] + [R] and then enter ” Control “.
- Click on ” Power Options “. If this option is not available, change the display to ” Small Icons ” in the top right corner.
- Then select ” Power Saver ” directly from ” Preferred Saving Plans “.
- You can also adjust them by clicking on ” Change plan settings “.
Normally, it sets the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of no use, and automatically sets the computer to sleep after 15 minutes (as in the Power Saving Startup option).