How to change language on google maps iPhone android ios voice mobile app desktop
In our tips+tricks post, we’ll explain how to easily change the language in Google Maps.
This app is one of the most popular navigation programs. But did you know that there are several language options for the navigation assistant? German, English, Italian – or maybe Spanish? You can choose between over 50 different languages that show you the way.
This app automatically takes over the system language of your smartphone. You can change that on Android smartphones and change the that on the iPhone here. However, you can also change google maps voice language independently of your smartphone language.
Follow our step-by-step guide.
- Open this app on your smartphone. At the top left, tap the “three-bar menu“.
- Scroll down and select the item “Settings“.
- In settings, tap “Navigation Settings“.
- Then go to “Voice“. There, you can choose between several options. To hear the selected item, you can tap the “Play test tone” button.
Follow our instruction.
- Open this app on your iPhone and tap the “three-bar menu” in the top left corner.
- Now tap on “Settings“.
- Tap “Voice Search“, then You can select a desired language.
This is easily done in three steps:
- Open https://www.google.com/maps address in your browser. Click on the “menu” button in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down the menu and click on the “Language” button.
- Then select your desired “language”. Now, navigation and control of maps is then displayed in that selected option, but street names and location names are in the local language of the location in which you navigate.