how to backup whatsapp messages & chat iphone android to pc
You want to create a WhatsApp backup? In this tip + tricks article, we’ll explain how it works.
A backup in WhatsApp is now fast and very convenient. Whether it’s after a device change, theft, total failure or other loss of your smartphone: With a backup, you can restore images, chat history and videos. We’ll show you how it works on your Android device or iPhone to solve how to backup whatsapp messages & chat iphone android to pc question. also for restoring backup “how to restore whatsapp backup iphone android” article is useful.
Create WhatsApp backup on iPhone
Note : To create a WhatsApp backup with iPhone, you must be logged in to iCloud because the backup will be backed up there.
- Open WhatsApp and then the settings by tapping the gear icon below.
- There you will find the menu item ” Chats “.
- Now tap on ” Chat Backup “.
- You can then back up directly by going to ” backup now “.
- you can also activate ” Auto Backup “. Then, depending on the settings, your chats will be automatically saved daily, weekly or monthly in the iCloud.
- If you want all the contents of your chats, including videos, to be backed up, you must allow this with a tap on the include video switch.
WhatsApp backup for Android devices
There are two ways to create a WhatsApp backup with an Android smartphone: Either you back up your chats via the app, or you can manually copy the data from your phone to a computer in response to how to backup whatsapp messages & chat iphone android to pc issue.
Create WhatsApp backup with the app
- In WhatsApp, open the settings above the three dots above.
- Then tap on ” Chats “.
- Select ” Chat Backup ” from the menu.
- By going to ” Backup “, create a backup.
- Alternatively, if you have a Google Drive account, you can automatically create backups there. Depending on the setting, your chats will be backed up to Google Drive daily, weekly, or monthly.
- If you want to save all your chat content, including videos, you’ll need to check this option with a check mark.
Back up backups and media files from the file system
Anyway, WhatsApp automatically saves a current backup in the file system of your Android. You can also find pictures, voice messages, videos, and documents from your WhatsApp chats as individual files here. Copy the backup or media files listed above to your PC or other storage device to back them up. Connect your smartphone to the PC and search for the WhatsApp folder via the Windows Explorer . This is located either on the internal memory or on the SD card of your smartphone. In the table you can see exactly where the files are to be found:
|Backup (file ” msgstore.db.crypt12 “)||/WhatsApp/Databases|
|GIFs||/Whatsapp/Media/WhatsApp Animated Gifs|
|Voicemail||/WhatsApp/WhatsApp Voice Notes|
Just copy the files to your PC .