Dvd drive is not showing in windows 10,7,8 in device manager
If your DVD drive is not or no longer displayed on Windows 10, you can usually solve the problem in a few simple steps. We’ll show you how it’s done.
Driver problem on Windows 10
At best, it’s just a problem with the driver. This happens especially if you reinstall Windows or major changes have been made to the system.
- Simultaneously press the [Windows] and [R] keys to open the Run command.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” here and confirm with “OK”. Then the device manager starts.
- In the category “DVD/CD-ROM drives” you will now find your DVD drive.
- If it is not, click Show Hidden Devices at the top of View.
- Right-click on the DVD drive and select “Install Driver” or “Update Driver”.
- If this does not work, select “Uninstall Driver” and then “Install Driver”.
Windows 10: No DVD drive is displayed
If the problem persists, you do not have to give up yet. There are a few more options:
- Open the BIOS under Windows 10 and check if the hard disk is detected here. If this is not the case, disconnect the PC and open it. Carefully disconnect the cable from the drive and mainboard and then plug it back in.
- If the drive is not connected to a narrow SATA cable but to a wide ATAPI cable, there is another option: Start the Comand prompts(cmd) as administrator and enter the following command: reg.exe add “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0” /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
- If all else fails, there may be a defect. In this case, you can replace the DVD drive relatively easily. You will receive a new one for less than 15 euros.