How to Change language on iPhone keyboard IOS iPad general
You would like to use your iPhone in a different language? The change only takes a few seconds. Our article explains where to find the settings.
Change language on iPhone
- Open your iPhone’s settings and tap “General“.
- Further down, tap on the item “Language & Region“.
- Here you can see the currently “iPhone language”. In our case, it’s “English”. Tap to change it.
- Now you will see a list of all languages that you can set on the iPhone. Search for the desired item and tap it. A “blue check mark” will appear when the language is selected. At the top, “touch Done”.
- You will be asked again for confirmation . Touch ” Use language X “.
- The newly selected one is set and now appears under the item “preferred language order” in “Language & Region” section. This makes it easier to switch between different languages.
Change keyboard language iPhone add and change
- Open the “settings“ on your iPhone and choose “General”.
- Now scroll down a little and select “keyboard“.
- Then look for “Keyboards“ option and select it.
- Now, you will see the number of keyboards already installed. Touch to “add keyboard” to add a new one. You have the possibility to choose between numerous keyboards. Among them, for example, Chinese (in several versions), Flemish, Hawaiian or Tibetan. Tap on a keyboard is enough to activate it.
If you have activated several keyboards, you will notice a new symbol on the keyboard – a small globe (see screenshot). Tap on the globe to select another active keyboard. Depending on the number of activated keyboards, it may take a some time to find the right one. That’s probably Apple’s thought and integrated a feature that allows faster access to the installed keyboards.
Touch the globe and hold your finger for a moment until a list of activated keyboards opens. You can easily switch to another keyboard by tapping it.